Find an Expert Source
Reporters’ Resource exists to help journalists and reporters more easily find an expert source for their stories. We are confident in each of our experts’ credentials and in their ability to provide you with a terrific interview.
Jana Webb, JOGA creator and founder
One of the world’s most sought-after trainers, Jana Webb has trained some of the world’s best athletes from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and MLS. JOGA is not a yoga-for-athletes program. It is a three-dimensional movement system that hybrids the science of yoga with the biomechanics of sports movement. It combines movement, breathing and relaxation. JOGA has a ripple effect for everything else in their lives.
Jana is available to speak about:
- Simple approaches to improve focus and stay in the moment
- Techniques for getting more rejuvenating sleep
- How to feel better, perform better and become our true, focused selves
Jánelle Marina Méndez Viera, author, award-winning human rights activist
Jánelle Marina Méndez Viera is a highly accomplished and dedicated professional, with a wealth of experience in the field of human rights. She is a Puerto Rican American Certified Human Rights Consultant, CEO of both Liberty Leaf AI and the Military Sexual Trauma Movement, feminist human rights defender, interdisciplinary social scientific autodidact theoretic researcher and smart money inventor. She has made a significant impact in the areas of military and veterans’ rights. Her impressive achievements include authoring and successfully lobbying for the passage of the Restoration of Honor Act of 2012, the first-ever intersectional legislation for military and veterans in U.S. history. She also succeeded in lobbying for the establishment of the Independent Review Commission on Sexual Assault in the Military.
Viera can speak to:
- What is modern day slavery and what actions can everyday people take to end it?
- How can we know if we are working with businesses that use a slavery-free supply chain?
Nayan Patel, wellness expert, author, pharmacist of choice to celebrities and physicians
Nayan Patel, PharmD is a sought-after pharmacist, wellness expert, and thought leader in his industry. He has been working with physicians since 1999 to custom develop medications for their clients and design patient-specific drug and nutrition regimens. He has been the pharmacist of choice to celebrities, CEOs and physicians themselves. After 11 years of clinical research, he recently published his first comprehensive book, “The Glutathione Revolution: Fight Disease, Slow Aging & Increase Energy.”
Patel can speak to numerous healthy aging topics:
- How to slow the aging process and refresh energy levels
- Why our exposure to everyday toxins impacts our overall wellness
- Foods we should eat, and avoid, to boost energy levels and get more restful sleep
Mat Sorenson, attorney and best-selling author
Directed IRA Founder and CEO Mat Sorensen is a national speaker and expert on self-directed retirement accounts. Mat wrote “The Self-Directed IRA Handbook,” the most widely used book in the self-directed IRA industry. He has been published, referenced, cited, or quoted by The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Yahoo Finance on self-directed IRA topics. Mat can speak to:
- How to invest your IRA in something other than stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- Actions to remedy a shrinking IRA account
- What’s making you more vulnerable than ever to a tax audit?
- What you should know about adding crypto to your investment portfolio
- Will green incentives really lower your tax bill?
Derek Timm, PhD, RDN
Derek is more than your typical nutrition expert. In addition to being a registered dietitian nutritionist, He has earned a PhD in nutrition science. He is also a Monash University FODMAP-trained dietitian with expertise in how a high FODMAP diet impacts the symptoms of IBS. He’s passionate about improving consumers’ health through the sharing of evidence-based nutrition research and facts. Positive and easily approachable, Timm excels at making complicated or confusing information clear to the general public. Derek is your source for:
- Understanding FODMAPs and their role on digestive issues such as IBS
- New research on dietary fiber’s impact on common cold symptoms
- Foods and supplement ingredients that help to calm and destress
- The mind-body connection (mind/body axis)
- The gut microbiome and its role in immune health
Caitlyn Vanderhaeghe, nutritional supplements expert and formulator.
Caitlyn is president and CEO of Kidstar Nutrients, as well as a popular health and family blogger (This Healthy Mom). The daughter of Lorna Vanderhaeghe, Canada’s leading natural health expert, Caitlyn literally grew up in the dietary supplement industry. She is available to provide information on:
Do kids really need dietary supplements?
- How gummies may be compromising kids’ nutrition
- The alternative that many vitamin companies are starting to use instead of gummies. What is it, and why is it so appealing to parents and kids?
- We are available to help connect with expert resources plus images for your stories. Feel free to reach out to us!
Lonny Kocina, product marketing expert, entrepreneur, best-selling author
Lonny is the founder and CEO of Media Relations Agency, one of the most enduring marketing agencies in the U.S. Lonny pioneered performance-based marketing, and later described his methods in the Amazon best-seller: “The CEO’s Guide to Marketing” which also earned the Axiom silver medal award. Lonny’s expertise includes:
- How to adjust a marketing budget during an inflation
- How to stretch your marketing budget
- How to beat the odds with a new product introduction (more than 90% will fail)
Nerissa Bauer, MD, MPH
Nerissa is a behavioral pediatrician and entrepreneur who has a part-time behavioral health practice. She created TEACH ME ADHD, an online course for families, is co-host of ADHD Real Talk podcast and podcaster of TEACH to Go podcast for her VIP members. She is CEO of Let’s Talk Kids Health, LLC. She is also a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics and serves as an Executive Committee member on the Council of Healthy Mental and Emotional Development. She had a late diagnosis of ADHD in her 40s. She believes children should have opportunities to learn how to live with ADHD in a child-friendly way so they have life skills to advocate for themselves and embrace their ADHD superpower. She is on a mission to help kids and parents thrive with ADHD, while rediscovering fun. She can provide great information about:
- The best brain-foods for kids with ADHD
- How to talk with the teacher if your child fidgets
Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, best-selling author of 15 books
Known as “The Nutrition Myth Buster”, Jonny is a nationally known board-certified nutritionist and expert on diet and weight loss. He has appeared on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS as an expert on nutrition, and has contributed to articles in The New York Times, Forbes, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, Vanity Fair Online, Men’s Health, Prevention, and dozens of other print and online publications. Jonny is an energetic, versatile guest. His topics include:
- It’s not too late for seniors to feel more vital and energetic
- Superfoods that support better sleep and more energy
- Four reasons why your heart loves fiber
- Top immune-supporting ingredients that should be in your medicine cabinet and/or kitchen pantry
Debra Hilmerson, CEO, Hilmerson Safety
Changing a mindset takes a mountain of grit, something that describes Deb Hilmerson perfectly, from her hard hat to her steel toe boots. Her 30 years in construction as a field laborer, safety director and consultant landed her in the right place at the right time to transform archaic equipment practices on construction sites to more efficient lean alternatives. Deb can speak to:
- Lean alternatives and sustainable practices in the commercial construction industry
- How construction industry leaders are creating additional revenue streams
- How the construction industry is dealing with the skilled labor shortage
- Top construction industry safety concerns: Why falls remain at the forefront.
Neil Curtis, founder, Farm Up Jamaica
Neil is an American businessman whose family has roots in the Jamaican farming industry. He is director of Farm Up Jamaica, an organization that helps farmers and youth create sustainable livelihoods through the practice of Regenerative Climate Smart Agriculture. He can provide knowledgeable insights into:
- Sustainable agriculture: Climate Smart Agriculture farms without pesticides, herbicides or manure. It cuts water usage by two thirds yet has dramatically increased yields.
- New farming methods that can help American farmers produce higher crop yields even in drought conditions
- New organic farming methods that increase foods’ size and nutritional value
- Jamaica’s philanthropy vacations (Vacation with a purpose)
- How Jamaica is showing the world how to nurture a new generation of farmers
McKenzie Hall, pediatric nutritionist
McKenzie is a Nutritionist & Education Specialist with Nutritional Growth Solutions. She earned her degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Mississippi. She is available for on-camera interviews. Her areas of expertise include:
- Why some kids may be shorter and/or underweight, and tips for helping them catch up with their peers.
- Tips for sneaking more nutrition into the diets of picky eaters
- Inflation-busting Walmart grocery cart makeovers
- Kid-friendly healthy pantry makeovers
Joseph Gulesserian, creator and author of the Practical MBA series
Joe earned an MBA from Edinburgh Business School, and has taught university-level finance and marketing. He has built and brought to market health and beauty brands with global reach that have sent him around the world. With wit and humor, Joe can simplify complex economic issues such as:
- How to protect business and families from the financial effects of inflation
- Why inflation is really an undeclared tax by the government
- The fall of the middle class
- Why the government’s current economic strategies aren’t working
Bryce Wylde, BSc, DHMHS, homeopathic healthcare practitioner, adventure athlete and best-selling author
Bryce Wylde is a leading health expert in functional medicine specializing in clinical nutrition and supplementation. Practicing at VennMed in Toronto, he blends the latest in science and technology with traditional and ancient remedies. Wylde is also co-founder of The DNA Company, and founder of Mymmunity – a startup dedicated to optimizing immune health through personalized nutrition. Wylde is the author of four national best-seller books, previous host of CTV’s Wylde on Health, and is a frequent guest health expert on U.S. and Canadian TV. Bryce is available as your resource on numerous health-related topics including:
- The “chemistry of commitment”: How to train your brain to help you stick with an exercise program.
- Evidence-based nutrition hacks to support the minds and bodies of athletes
- What do you want to be able to do when you’re 85? (How to get there!)
- How to get more ROI from your exercise and healthy diet
- How to achieve the perfect poo (Achieving poo-phoria!)
- What to eat to support a calm, healthy brain
Nate Austin, co-founder, Mytech Partners
Nate is an author, international speaker, and small business/community advocate. He brings 20 years of entrepreneurship, business management, sales and IT experience. His focus is on teaching businesses and the community to coexist and intentionally strive toward mutual success. Nate is eager to speak to:
- How businesses of all sizes can protect themselves from cyber attacks
- The vigilant measures now required by most cyber security insurers
- How to resolve common IT vulnerabilities faced by small businesses
- Key IT security standards every local or small business should have in place
Brent Bishop, celebrity fitness expert and trainer
Brent is a national on-air fitness expert, published author and influencer. He is the founder of Think Fitness Studios in Toronto. He is the fitness expert of CityTV’s award winning lifestyle show, Cityline and has made several media appearances on North American networks. Additionally, he is a regular contributor to numerous print media such as Best Health Magazine, Canadian Health and Lifestyle, Fitness Business Canada, Inside Fitness Magazine, Canadian Living, Sweat Equity Magazine and Marquee Magazine. Brent can speak to numerous health and fitness topics including:
- The 3 fundamental movements every child should know to prevent injuries
- The best nutritional ways to fuel kids’ fitness
- What nutrients help when kids are the smallest ones on their team?
William Sears, MD. America’s pediatrician
Dr. Bill has been advising busy parents on how to raise healthier families for more than 50 years. A two-time cancer survivor and the father of 8 children, he and his wife Martha have written more than 45 books and hundreds of articles on parenting, childcare, nutrition, and healthy aging. He is the co-founder of the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute for training health coaches, and he runs the health and parenting website AskDrSears.com. Dr. Bill can address such family-friendly topics as:
- “Grow foods” for picky eaters
- Solutions for kids’ most common potty issues
- What supplements should someone take when undergoing cancer treatment?
Dan Cohen, MD.
Neurologist Dan Cohen is a Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He holds many patents related to EEG and sleep analysis algorithms and devices. Dan invented the first automated sleep disorder diagnostic equipment used in sleep labs and by sleep professionals. He also co-founded CNS, the company that launched Breathe Right Nasal Strips, through which he later sold to GSK for $566 million. Dan has spent more than 15 years researching and testing technology to improve sleep quality. Dan can speak to a number of sleep-related topics including:
- Why most of us need more deep, restorative Delta sleep
- Understanding slow-wave sleep
- Why older people typically have trouble sleeping
- A neurologist’s take on sleep and stress
- A neurologist’s five popular questions about sleep
Robert Groysman, MD, long COVID treatment expert
Robert is both a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesia and the American Board of Pain Medicine. He is an experienced interventional pain specialist with conventional treatments as well as the latest available regenerative medicine. Robert has successfully treated many long COVID sufferers. He also moderates a Facebook group to help educate people about their treatment options. He is available to provide information about:
- Affordable Long COVID treatment options that can be done either in a physician’s office including a Stellate Ganglion Nerve Block.
- How to use a TENS stimulation machine at home to manage long COVID symptoms for less than $50.
- Why relaxation is an essential part of long COVID treatment
- Where long COVID sufferers can go to find emotional support
Steve Hanson, president and CEO, ACME Lithium
Steve has held executive (CEO), board and advisor positions for numerous private and public companies in mining, alternative energy, oil and gas sectors. An extremely knowledgeable resource, Steve can speak to:
- Clean energy initiatives in the U.S. and Canada
- How EVs are increasing America’s dependence on China
- Sustainable lithium production methods
- Why our national security depends on lithium