Find an Expert Source
Reporters’ Resource exists to help journalists and reporters more easily find an expert source for their stories. We are confident in each of our experts’ credentials and in their ability to provide you with a terrific interview.*
Derek Timm, PhD, RDN, Taiyo Functional Ingredient Technology Expert
Derek is more than your typical nutrition expert. In addition to being a registered dietitian nutritionist, He has earned a PhD in nutrition science. He is also a Monash University FODMAP-trained dietitian with expertise in how a high FODMAP diet impacts the symptoms of IBS. He’s passionate about improving consumers’ health through the sharing of evidence-based nutrition research and facts. Positive and easily approachable, Timm excels at making complicated or confusing information clear to the general public. Derek is your source for:
- Understanding FODMAPs and their role on digestive issues such as IBS
- New research on dietary fiber’s impact on common cold symptoms
- Foods and supplement ingredients that help to calm and destress
- The mind-body connection (mind/body axis)
- The gut microbiome and its role in immune health
Charles Herbster, farmer, owner and CEO, Conklin Company
Charles became a Conklin Distributor in 1976, rapidly rising through the ranks to become the company’s major shareholder in 1992. Two years later, he became the sole owner, fulfilling his 15-year goal to play a major role in preserving the foundation on which the company was built upon and maintaining the opportunities of the free enterprise system. Conklin is one of few companies left today that is “farmer-owned.”
A highly respected businessman and philanthropist, Charles is available to speak to:
- Steps for farmers to improve their vehicle and equipment performance
- The value of supporting the academic development of America’s future leaders
- How Angus cattle provided him with a training ground in life and strategic lessons for business success
Nayan Patel, wellness expert, author, pharmacist of choice to celebrities and physicians, Founder of Auro Wellness
Nayan Patel, PharmD is a sought-after pharmacist, wellness expert, and thought leader in his industry. He has been working with physicians since 1999 to custom develop medications for their clients and design patient-specific drug and nutrition regimens. He has been the pharmacist of choice to celebrities, CEOs and physicians themselves. After 11 years of clinical research, he recently published his first comprehensive book, “The Glutathione Revolution: Fight Disease, Slow Aging & Increase Energy.”
Patel can speak to numerous healthy aging topics:
- How to slow the aging process and refresh energy levels
- Why our exposure to everyday toxins impacts our overall wellness
- Foods we should eat, and avoid, to boost energy levels and get more restful sleep
Lonny Kocina, product marketing expert, entrepreneur, best-selling author
Lonny is the founder and CEO of Media Relations Agency, one of the most enduring marketing agencies in the U.S. Lonny pioneered performance-based marketing, and later described his methods in the Amazon best-seller: “The CEO’s Guide to Marketing” which also earned the Axiom silver medal award. Lonny’s expertise includes:
- How to adjust a marketing budget during an inflation
- How to stretch your marketing budget
- How to beat the odds with a new product introduction (more than 90% will fail)
Joseph Gulesserian, creator and author of the Practical MBA series
Joe earned an MBA from Edinburgh Business School, and has taught university-level finance and marketing. He has built and brought to market health and beauty brands with global reach that have sent him around the world. With wit and humor, Joe can simplify complex economic issues such as:
- How to protect business and families from the financial effects of inflation
- Why inflation is really an undeclared tax by the government
- The fall of the middle class
- Why the government’s current economic strategies aren’t working
Jánelle Marina Méndez Viera, author, award-winning human rights activist
Jánelle Marina Méndez Viera is a highly accomplished and dedicated professional, with a wealth of experience in the field of human rights. She is a Puerto Rican American Certified Human Rights Consultant, CEO of both Liberty Leaf AI and the Military Sexual Trauma Movement, feminist human rights defender, interdisciplinary social scientific autodidact theoretic researcher and smart money inventor. She has made a significant impact in the areas of military and veterans’ rights. Her impressive achievements include authoring and successfully lobbying for the passage of the Restoration of Honor Act of 2012, the first-ever intersectional legislation for military and veterans in U.S. history. She also succeeded in lobbying for the establishment of the Independent Review Commission on Sexual Assault in the Military.
Viera can speak to:
- What is modern day slavery and what actions can everyday people take to end it?
- How can we know if we are working with businesses that use a slavery-free supply chain?
Dan Cohen, MD, Chairman and CEO of SOLTEC•HEALTH
Neurologist Dan Cohen is a Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He holds many patents related to EEG and sleep analysis algorithms and devices. Dan invented the first automated sleep disorder diagnostic equipment used in sleep labs and by sleep professionals. He also co-founded CNS, the company that launched Breathe Right Nasal Strips, through which he later sold to GSK for $566 million. Dan has spent more than 15 years researching and testing technology to improve sleep quality. Dan can speak to a number of sleep-related topics including:
- Why most of us need more deep, restorative Delta sleep
- Understanding slow-wave sleep
- Why older people typically have trouble sleeping
- A neurologist’s take on sleep and stress
- A neurologist’s five popular questions about sleep
William Sears, MD. America’s pediatrician
Dr. Bill has been advising busy parents on how to raise healthier families for more than 50 years. A two-time cancer survivor and the father of 8 children, he and his wife Martha have written more than 45 books and hundreds of articles on parenting, childcare, nutrition, and healthy aging. He is the co-founder of the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute for training health coaches, and he runs the health and parenting website AskDrSears.com. Dr. Bill can address such family-friendly topics as:
- “Grow foods” for picky eaters
- Solutions for kids’ most common potty issues
- What supplements should someone take when undergoing cancer treatment?
Robert Groysman, MD, long COVID treatment expert
Robert is both a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesia and the American Board of Pain Medicine. He is an experienced interventional pain specialist with conventional treatments as well as the latest available regenerative medicine. Robert has successfully treated many long COVID sufferers. He also moderates a Facebook group to help educate people about their treatment options. He is available to provide information about:
- Affordable Long COVID treatment options that can be done either in a physician’s office including a Stellate Ganglion Nerve Block.
- How to use a TENS stimulation machine at home to manage long COVID symptoms for less than $50.
- Why relaxation is an essential part of long COVID treatment
- Where long COVID sufferers can go to find emotional support
*Healthcare professionals, athletes and other experts may be compensated to provide educational content, and offer their professional opinions after reviewing the science about specific products.